The Virginia Association of School Nurses, Inc. (VASN) is an affiliate organization of the National Association of School Nurses, Inc. (NASN). This relationship provides VASN with seat on the NASN Board of Directors. VASN has agreed that members of the organization must belong to both VASN and NASN. Membership dues are collected and managed at NASN national headquarters. When a member joins NASN, they automatically become members of VASN. As an affiliate organization, VASN has a combined dues structure with NASN that reflects dues based on the membership level. VASN’s affiliation with NASN provides members with current best practices for school nursing practice. Together, we serve as strong advocates for school nurses at the local and national level.
VASN provides members with the following benefits:
- VASN Discussion Group
- VASN Member Directory
- VASN Resource Library
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Discounted registration for annual VASN conference
- Access to VASN e-newsletter, the Courier
- Access to regional meetings that address local school health and education themes
- Access to the members only section of the VASN website
- Professional representation to the Virginia General Assembly
For more information on membership benefits, download the VASN Membership Brochure.